The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Verifying the accuracy of all chemical analyses including the calibration of all equipment and participation in national proficiency testing programs.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of the ABS and HACCP program requirements
- Food safety verification procedures such as air and water quality sampling, allergen and sanitation status of processing equipment, etc.
- Directing Cellar and Bottleshop personnel to correct failed verifications tests
- Participating in third party HACCP audits
Quality Control/Quality Assurance/Regulatory
Directing Cellar personnel to make ingredient additions according to product and regulatory specifications and Bottleshop personnel to make adjustments when daily on-line QC inspections identify deficiencies.
- Training and educating company Employees of QA Procedures and work instructions
- Executing work instructions and procedures as required for incoming, in-process and final inspections
- Evaluating inspection report responses and ensuring resolution
- Executing all technical requirements for analytical and wet chemical testing
- Preparing, distributing and communicating report data
- Working with other departments to define/improve the overall QA process and inspection strategies
Technical Sensory Panel
Provide assistance with set up, clean up and data analysis of tasting sessions if needed
Research & Development
Provide management support on selected, large-scope projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology or related scientific discipline
- 3- 5 years' work experience in related field
- Strong chemistry, microbiology, sensory evaluation and ABC (HACCP and ISO Standards) knowledge
- Health and safety mindset
- Highly organized; strong attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload while working under tight timelines
- Ability to work toward the end result – efficient workflow process
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individually
- Willingness and desire to continuously improve
- Aware of regulatory limits for trace contaminants and ability to identify non-conformances in test samples
ABS – Andrews Business System
HACCP – Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points
ISO – International Standards Organization
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy", internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.